Swadikap


Hello, I'm Rusma and I am an Indonesian. My English isn't really well, but I'll try to share experience.
Last month, I went to Padang to attented an International Call for Paper in Padang State University. I went there a few days after my bachelor thesis presentasion as a test. So, in my last time as an undergraduate student of psychology faculty, I join that event.

This event about early chilhood education. The keynote speakers came from Austalia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Thailand, and also Indonesia. The keynote speakers that made me interest is who came from Thailand. Because they came not only just the Doctor from that major, but also their student from Thailand.
All this time, I knew the Thailand cultur just from movies that I saw. I also learned 2 greating. "Swadikap" means hello and "Kapunkap" means thank you. When I saw the students of Thailand, I realy want to practice my greating.
When the event done, the audieces came to the students and want to take a photo. I and my friend not only want to take photo, but want to say greating.
I said "swadikap". They answered with the same greating. Then they thought that I'm Thailand too. They made converasation in Thai. I only could smile and said that I'm Indonesian. They interest coz I could greating in Thai. I answered that I learned from Thailand movies.
After photoshoot, I said thanks in Thai "kapunkap". They realy appreciate my Thai greating.
From this experience, I got a point to learn. Trying to learn another cultur, especialy their languages can help us to get better human interaction :-)
On the bottom is my picture with the keynote speaker from Thailand

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Auto anamnesa dan Alo anamnesa

TEORI ATRIBUSI (1) : Teori Atribusi Harrold Kelley